Public sector legal teams face not only pressure from clients to deliver services at lower costs with greater efficiency, and at the same time provide a high quality service. They face increasing competition from external legal service providers.
Norwel’s Case Management system provides case workers with an easy to use system which can be customised to meet the needs of the department, and its case load. A Extensive library of case plan templates are available to assist in rapid deployment and return on investment
The Norwel Case Management module builds on the tools provided within Matter Management to provide a highly sophisticated workflow system.
Key Features of Prescient+ Legal Case and Matter Management
- One central location for all information relating to a particular matter
- Diary and event management for key dates and deadlines
- Integrated email management with drafts,authorisation and supervision facilities.
- Integrated Document Management, with full text search of all documents
- Efficient document assembly with templates, precedents, and multi party tools.
- Customised inception tools to assist with Risk Management and Compliance.
- Time recording, both ad hoc and automated
- Advanced conditional branching.
- Mini ‘To Do’ list (within Progress screen) allows direct action of steps by matter.
- Auto Time Recording against steps.
- Menu-driven processes via use of HTML forms.
- SMS Texting within the workflow.
- A detailed narrative of progress of case, together with Notes of each step.
- Customisable audit of every action.
- Management alerts and monitoring tools.
- Powerful reporting tools
Fig. 1: Example screen of task triggering data entry screen (Click to enlarge)
Documents, emails and time records are attached to steps, when the step is completed the document is produced, email sent or time recorded to the fee earner’s timesheet. Icons displayed with each step identify what type of instruction is attached to the step.
The ‘to do’ list is displayed within the Case Progress screen to allow easy access to and action of steps.
Conditional branching allows flexibility in workflow and case management design enabling the user to make decisions as the case progresses and take alternative routes through the workflow when required.
Full audit records are also provided to further aid accountability and transparency.