Lawyers and support staff, typically spend between 30 and 60% of the working day shuffling paper, retrieving files, making notes, exchanging routine correspondence and emails, plus telephone conversations with clients and internal staff.
Prescient+ Matter Management can reduce much of the wasted time and speed up the delivery process
Key Features of Prescient+ Matter Management :
- One central location for all information relating to a particular matter
- Diary and event management for key dates and deadlines
- Integrated email management with drafts, authorisation and supervision facilities.
- Integrated Document Management, with full text search of all documents
- Efficient document assembly with templates, precedents, and multi party tools.
- Customised inception tools to assist with Risk Management and Compliance.
- Time recording, both ad hoc and automated
- Powerful reporting tools
The Local Authority Matter Management application presents the officer with a complete electronic file with a bespoke ‘Home’ screen displaying a detailed summary of the current case.
Specially constructed input screens streamline the inception process assisting with the capture of key information.
Users are able to produce standard emails, letters and documents with the relevant data automatically inserted. Multiple document builds involving multiple parties is also available.
Fig 1; Sending an email (Click on the image above to enlarge)
Seamless integration with Outlook (and GroupWise) enables the user to respond to and process emails from within Norwel with configurable access to both your own and your colleagues' Inboxes. Incoming emails, documents, images and web pages can be dragged and dropped onto matters automatically creating a record of the event in the Document Register. Email production is managed using drafts, authorisation and supervision facilities with auto copying of emails available for Risk management and Compliance purposes.
Outlook Calendar (and Task Lists) integration enables the provision of central ‘Court’ calendars.
The application also supports the ability to embed fully-interactive HTML forms. Completion of information on each form updates the Progress and Case Details screens with key information. E.g. Support/Case Plans.
On a technical note: Fully integrated VB Scripting, including access to all key Norwel functions to permit tailoring/automation: e.g. present users with “pop-up” menus or bespoke search panels; streamline/validate data entry; link and pass information to 3rd party applications (e.g. internet)
- including version control, check-in check-out document locking, document comparison and free text searching.